Barely seven kilometers separate Almudévar from this small village. Construction of Valsalada by the National Institute of Agrarian Reform and Development began in the 1950s and finished in 1957.
Its architect, José Borobio, create a typical layout for these types of projects, building 46 houses with a corral and small orchard around a plaza and a Calle Mayor (Main Street), all surrounded by an extensive pine forest.
The Parish Church of San Lino, constructed in brick, follows a simple, orthogonal design.
The village celebrates its annual festivals on May 15th and on September 23rd in honor of St. Linus.
Nature lovers will appreciate the Pedro Saputo nature trail, which starts in Almudévar and passes through the village, perfect for hiking or mountain biking.