The ensemble including the church, the tower and the crypt has been declared a National Monument. The church was originally Romanesque although it underwent a lot of restoration in the XVIII century. Under the top end of the church is its beautiful Romanesque crypt, the best-conserved and most valuable part of the temple; it has fine capitals, a high vault and the ground plan is in the shape of a horseshoe. The tower is Renaissance, Plateresque in style, built by Juan de Herrera in 1575. The church takes the form of the Latin cross, with all sorts of additions and demolitions over the original temple.
Town Hall Telephone: 974 301 468
Visits: Ask for the keys in the village.